Pinterest has become one of the top social networks for sharing content online. The platform helps online retailers and brands to sell their products and services through pictures, videos, and articles. In this article, you will learn step-by-step guidelines about Pinterest blogs for beginners.
If you are interested in starting your own blog platform like Pinterest, then it is best to start with blogs that have been proven as strong contenders for building successful blogs for beginners.
Let’s Get Started?
A Pinterest blog can be a great way to drive traffic to your website or online store. Plus, it can help you build an audience and get tips and ideas from other bloggers. And, if you do it right, your blog can be a great tool for SEO.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to getting started with Pinterest blogging.
Define Your Purpose?
What is the point of your blog?
Why are you writing it?
What is the goal? Be clear about this before anything else.
Do you want to share recipes? Show off products?
Encourage people to adopt healthy habits?
Share ideas on how to improve their homes?
Whatever it is, make sure that every post has a specific purpose in mind that fits in with what you’re trying to accomplish.
Creating Your Profile
When you create your profile, be sure to include keywords that describe your business in your bio section.
Use these same keywords throughout your website and blog posts to attract traffic from Pinterest users who are searching for ideas related to your business.
Be sure to also include a link to your website in your profile so that users can easily find you online. To add more pins to your board, click on the Add button located at the top of the screen next to the Pin It button.
You will then see a box pop up with different sections including photos, videos, recipes, quotes, and blogs. Select whichever category you want to pin something into before clicking on the image of whatever it is you want to pin!
The first step in creating a Pinterest blog is to do your keyword research. This will help you determine what your audience is searching for and how you can SEO your blog posts to rank higher in the search engines.
There are a few different tools you can use to do this, but my personal favorite is Google Keyword Planner. You type in keywords related to your blog post (make sure they have a decent amount of monthly searches).
It gives you keywords with an estimate of how many people are interested in that topic. You can then take those keywords, plug them into Wordtracker or SEMrush, and see where they rank on the SERPs (search engine results pages).
Finding Relevant Boards
The first step is to find some relevant boards to follow. You can do this by searching for keywords related to your niche. For example, if you blog about fashion, you could search for fashion, style, or outfit ideas.
Once you find some boards that look promising, take a look at the pins they have pinned and make sure they are high quality and on-topic.
If so, then click on the board and then click follow under the board name. Repeat these steps with other boards in your niche until you feel like you have found some good ones to follow.
Writing Your Posts and Adding Images
1. Before you start writing your post, it’s important to have a clear idea of what you want to say. What is the purpose of your post? Are you trying to inform, educate, or entertain your readers?
2. Once you know what you want to say, start writing! Don’t worry about making mistakes or editing as you go, just get your thoughts down on paper (or screen). You can always come back and edit later.
3. When you’re done writing, it’s time to add images! If you don’t have any yet, take some now by finding and taking screenshots of websites that are relevant to your topic and save them in an organized folder so they’re easy to find when you need them.
Promoting Your Own Posts
If you’re new to blogging, promoting your own posts can feel daunting. But don’t worry- with a little effort, you can get the hang of it in no time! Here are some tips:
1. Make sure your blog post is high quality and informative- this will make it more likely that people will want to share it.
2. Use social media to promote your post-Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube is all great places to start. Consider including a #hashtag or @mentioning someone in your post so they’ll be notified about it
3. Follow other bloggers to increase your visibility- as long as they aren’t too competitive or spammy, following other bloggers on social media will help them notice you and return the favor by following back.
4. Link to other blogs- once readers have found you, show them around by linking to similar blogs they might enjoy.
5. Become a guest blogger- collaborate with others on their blog so that both sites receive traffic from each other’s followers.
6. Repost your own content- if something you’ve written has done well before, consider reusing it instead of writing an entirely new piece just because you’re feeling uninspired.
Pinterest is a powerful platform that can help you drive traffic to your blog or website. But getting started can be a bit overwhelming. Pinterest blogs are very important for bloggers that start blogging at the beginner level.
This step-by-step guide will walk you through the basics of setting up a Pinterest account and creating your first pins. By the end, you’ll be ready to start driving traffic and growing your blog or business.